Living Room’s Other Services
We do more than just acupuncture at Living Room. There are other services that can be very helpful in increasing the health of a patient. Each person is unique and there are many modalities that can be particularly helpful to different clients.
Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves the burning of mugwort, a small, spongy herb, to facilitate healing. Moxibustion has been used throughout Asia for thousands of years; in fact, the actual Chinese character for acupuncture, translated literally, means “acupuncture-moxibustion.” The purpose of moxibustion, as with most forms of traditional Chinese medicine, is to strengthen the blood, stimulate the flow of qi, and maintain general health.
- Moxa can have a strong herbal odor when it is burned. We use smokeless and odorless moxa in our clinic for our clients with allergies or sensitivities.
- Some patient’s are given moxa sticks to self medicate as homework. We have found that this helps in the healing and recovery process.
Auriculotherapy, or auricular therapy, or ear acupuncture, or auriculoacupuncture is a form of alternative medicine based on the idea that the ear is a microsystem which reflects the entire represented on the auricle, the outer portion of the ear. Conditions affecting the physical, mental or emotional health of the patient are assumed to be treatable by stimulation of the surface of the ear exclusively. Similar mappings are used in many areas of the body, including the practices of reflexology and iridology.
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
- Most clients report falling into a slumber like sensation when receiving reiki.
- Reiki works at the energetic levels of the human energy field and also affects the physical functioning of the body.
Cosmetic Acupuncture is an effective, non-surgical treatment to reduce the signs of aging. It is based on the principles of Chinese Medicine, which involves the insertion of very thin disposable needles into the acupuncture points on the face. This superficial insertion will increase the local circulation to the face and stimulate collagen production, which will fill in the lines and give firmness to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion. Cosmetic Acupuncture has attracted great attention in the last few years, especially in the big cities like New York City and Los Angeles. It used to be a treatment only for the rich and famous in Hollywood, but now everyone can get the celebrity treatment.
Chinese cupping therapy is a process of suctioning or vacuuming sections of the body’s meridian system for the purpose of drawing out toxins, pain management, increasing blood flow, and promoting a healthier flow of Qi energies. Traditional cups used in cupping therapy are made of glass or bamboo, and hollowed out animal horns. Today, there are a variety of cupping sets on the market which incorporate the use of magnets and a vacuum pump and magnets in leu of using a flame.
- Cupping has become in vogue with Hollywood celebrities such as Gwenyth Paltrow sporting cupping marks on her back.
- You don’t have to be a Hollywood celebrity to take advantage of this ancient healing modality.
Private treatments are available. Private sessions offer the patient more individualized time with the acupuncturist who will perform a more in-depth interview, tailor the treatment-style to the patient, and develop a customized treatment strategy. This can include nutritional counseling, herbal therapy, body work, gua sha, cupping, electrical stimulation, and moxibustion. Typically, a private session can address a wider range of health conditions.
Why Choose Us
- Our fees are affordable so that you can get all the treatments you need
- All our acupuncturists are board certified by the Florida Board of Acupuncture
- FABORM Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine
- We are conveniently located in Downtown Miami with easy access to major highways
- You can come with your spouse or friend and we can treat you together
What Client’s Say
Amazing experience! This was my first time doing acupuncture and Rafael made it great! He’s incredibly professional & caring for the patients’ opinions, concerns, etc. Spends as long as you need with you & has a generous heart. I highly suggest him! Can’t wait to be back!
I highly recommend Living Room Acupuncture!!!
Very tailored treatment and a great ability, if need be, to treat a problem in a multitude of ways.
Personalized attention, safe atmosphere.
Treatments are affordable, quick, and get the job done!